Welcome TO the NYC College MAP Program
Thank you for participating in College MAP (Mentoring for Access and Persistence), a multi-year, group-mentoring program with active sites in 34 U.S. cities, including ours!
As part of the program, you will participate in monthly sessions that cover a variety of topics around the college-going process, including:
- the benefits of going to college
- exploring different types of colleges
- preparing for the SAT and ACT
- applying to colleges
- applying for scholarships and financial aid
- selecting the right college and major
- interpreting financial aid packages
- preparing for college life
- sharpening professional skills
- financial literacy
Our New York City program has supported the journeys of over 150 Scholars and Collegians with the help of over 300 Mentors. Thanks to you, we continue to expand our program and our impact!
CITY Program Leaders
Jeff Steinberg, Executive Sponsor
Claire Marble, Access Director - junior class
Danny Arkus, Access Director - junior class
Nicole Griffith, Access Director - senior class
Jazmine Armijo, Access Director - senior class
Busola Oyefesobi, Persistence Director
Madeleine Walsh, Persistence Director
Scholars and Collegians are saying...
“In college the thing you should look forward to the most is the beauty of how people that appear so different can be so much like you on the inside."
- William, Birmingham Collegian