Welcome TO College MAP Washington, D.C./McLean
Thank you for participating in College MAP (Mentoring for Access and Persistence), a multi-year, group-mentoring program with active sites in 34 U.S. cities, including ours!
As part of the program, you will participate in monthly sessions that cover a variety of topics around the college-going process, including:
- the benefits of going to college
- exploring different types of colleges
- preparing for the SAT and ACT
- applying to colleges
- applying for scholarships and financial aid
- selecting the right college and major
- interpreting financial aid packages
- preparing for college life
- sharpening professional skills
- financial literacy
The Washington, D.C/ McLean program has supported the journeys of Dunbar High school Scholars and our first class of Collegians with the help of our Mentors. Thanks to you, we continue to expand our program and our impact!
CITY Program Leaders
Ann Cammack and Eric Klein, Executive Sponsors
Megan Kennedy, Access Director
Elaine Henry, Access Director
Marteen Bryant, Persistence Director
Chaga Abeysinghe, Persistence Director
Scholars and Collegians are saying...
“In college the thing you should look forward to the most is the beauty of how people that appear so different can be so much like you on the inside."
- William, Birmingham Collegian