Welcome TO College MAP
Thank you for participating in College MAP (Mentoring for Access and Persistence), a multi-year, group-mentoring program with active sites in 32 U.S. cities, including ours!
As part of the program, you will participate in monthly sessions that cover a variety of topics around the college-going process, including:
- the benefits of going to college
- exploring different types of colleges
- preparing for the SAT and ACT
- applying to colleges
- applying for scholarships and financial aid
- selecting the right college and major
- interpreting financial aid packages
- preparing for college life
- sharpening professional skills
- financial literacy
Our CITY program has supported the journeys of 200+ Scholars and Collegians with the help of 45+ Mentors. Thanks to you, we continue to expand our program and our impact!
CITY Program Leaders
Barbara Rayner, Executive Sponsor
Michael Busker, Executive Sponsor
Tiombe Nixon, Access Director
Andrante Morgan-Etheridge, Access Director
Michelle Jenkins , Persistence Director
Travis Jenner, Persistence Directors
Scholars and Collegians are saying...
“In college the thing you should look forward to the most is the beauty of how people that appear so different can be so much like you on the inside."
- William, Birmingham Collegian